Thursday, April 8, 2010

Why I said what i said to Parris and Johnny.

When I read Parris’s post I was a bit confused. He had a lot of great potential in some of his ideas but they never materialized. Ideas were scattered around sometimes even repetitive. I gave him some other things he could talk about that were in the ad instead of describing the ad in its literal form. I believe I gave a lot of constructive criticism.

Johnny had a very good post. He looked at a lot of the messages in the ad. I wrote about how I liked that he pointed out many of the ads massages it was trying to get across. I gave him some other things to look into that he missed. This can help him get even deeper into the message the ad is trying to convey.

Being a stranger to the paper’s topic defiantly affected the way I responded to the drafts. I was just thrown into the topic and had to critique two people’s drafts. I didn’t have a few days to learn exactly what the topic was about rather minutes. What I learned about critiquing peoples work is that you have to give constructive criticism. You have to pretend you’re a teacher and give advice that is going to help them improve their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
Staying Sane by Christoher Negron is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.